Monday, April 7, 2014

Monday: Mailbox/What Am I reading?

Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week and explore great book blogs. Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists. It has finally found a permanent  home at Mailbox Monday with the following new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree
Serena of Savvy Verse & Wit
Vicki of I'd Rather Be at the Beach

I received the following novels, thanks to the authors/publicists:


To Sleep... Perchance to Die by 

Tangled lives, tainted love, and a Shakespearean twist lead to deception, betrayal, and murder. In this sexy, psychological thriller, Eurasian beauty Mai Faca plots to marry Jake Warden, a successful oral surgeon forbidden to her because of family honor. In an unheard-of scheme, fellow surgeon, Bret Manley, falls victim to Mai’s seduction as she and Jake play a cruel trick to be together. Jake acts with surgical precision to clear the path to Mai’s happiness, threatening lives including his own. In a wake of turmoil and destruction, Bret’s uncle and well-known criminal attorney Hubie Santos attempts to find out if a surgeon would use his knowledge to kill.

Jaspar's War by Cym Lowell


Greenwich, Connecticut socialite Jaspar Moran has it all-a magnificent estate, two beautiful children and a loving husband, Trevor, serving as the Secretary of the Treasury. Protected, admired and living in the lap of luxury, Jaspar is reeling from the news that his government jet has crashed just as her children vanish without a trace. An ominous message warns her to keep silent about her husband's role in the President's economic plan. Or else. Determined to save her children, she'll go to hell and back, form alliances with assassins, traitors and Mafioso, and commit unspeakable acts-if that's what it takes. With alarms sounding around the world, hunted from all sides, and unsure of who to trust, she finds herself depending on a mysterious figure without an identity. Jaspar journeys from the Australian outback to the palazzos of Rome, the Monte Carlo Grand Prix, and to the magnificence of the Vatican, in her quest. Can she rescue her children before the plot to crash the global economy is unleashed?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hosted by Sheila @ One Person's Journey Through a World of BooksWe discuss the books that we've read and what we're planning to read for the week. 

I finished reading the following:

57. Chilled to the Bone by Quentin Bates (Crime Fiction) 
56. Murder Strikes a Pose by Tracy Weber (Cozy Mystery)
55. Renascence and Other Poems by Edna St. Vincent Millay (Poetry)

I am currently reading:

 Scent of Butterflies by 
 ugly to start with by John Michael Cummings 
 The Elephant Tree by RD Ronald

  • I posted the following reviews on my blog: 

    16 comments:

    bermudaonion said...

    I hope your new books exceed your expectations!

    Nise' said...

    Great reading week. Enjoy your new books.

    Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

    Lucky you! I've been eager to read Murder Strikes a Pose. I hope you liked it.


    Here's my It's Monday!

    Elizabeth said...

    I received To Sleep... also. I hope we like it.

    Have a great week.

    Serena said...

    Enjoy your books. The look interesting, but I'm drawn to the Shakespearean title.

    Kathy Martin said...

    You had a good week. Come see my week here. Have a great week.

    Juli Rahel said...

    'To Sleep...Perchance to Die' sounds absolutely amazing! I love Shakespearian twists! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have a great week!
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    Bob/Sally said...

    Jaspar's War sounds interesting - I may have to look into that myself.

    Thanks for checking out my mailbox

    DeniseF said...

    Great mailbox! I haven't heard of any of these but they sound good!

    Laurel-Rain Snow said...

    To Sleep...Perchance to Die sounds tempting. Enjoy your reads...and thanks for visiting my blog.

    Leydy said...

    These are new to me but enjoy!
    Check out what we are reading this week.

    Also, today is the last day to enter Legend + Prodigy paperback giveaway

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    Anna said...

    Happy reading!

    Leslie (Under My Apple Tree) said...

    Sounds like two good ones. Have a nice week.

    Vicki said...

    Both are new to me and they both sound good!

    Cheryl said...

    I've seen Jaspar's War a few places lately. Looks good.

    Thanks for visiting The Busy Mom's Daily.

    Martha Eskuchen said...

    To Sleep... Perchance sounds rather dark. I hope you enjoy Jaspar's War. I did. :-)
    Happy reading.