Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Rejected Suitor by Teresa McCarthy

"Not simpletons exactly....I believe fools and half-wits would be more appropriate."

The Rejected Suitor by Teresa McCarthy

The Rejected Suitor is set in the Regency period. Lady Emily Clearbrook's four brothers take it upon themselves to look out for a husband for her. They think she cannot take her own decisions hence needs their help. Emily is sent to the country while they shortlist candidates for her. 

In the country, Emily meets Jared, , the Earl of Stonebridge, who had broken her heart a few years back. Her brothers are unaware of Emily's past involvement with Jared as they all were off at a war. Jared can't reveal Emily's father's doings without hurting her. And he can't watch Emily being wooed by others!

The banter between the brothers and Emily is hilarious. I especially liked the interplay between Jared and Roderick, who is the eldest brother of Emily. A fun filled romance with good dialogues. 

BTW, I have three brothers. Need I say more?

8 comments:

Harvee said...

It does look like a fun and easy read!
Harvee
Book Dilettante

Kathy Martin said...

I'm glad I don't have "helpful" brothers. My teasers this week are from Notorious by Allison Brennan and Plus One by Elizabeth Fama. Happy reading!

Nise' said...

Oh dear, I know all about brothers. I have 3 of them. Glad it was an enjoyable read.

fredamans said...

Made me giggle.

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me.

Anonymous said...

I always wanted a brother. Looks good!

Sandra Nachlinger said...

"A fun-filled romance with good dialogue." -- That sounds like the kind of book I adore!
My Teaser is from WITHOUT A TRACE.

Jenny @ Book Sojourner said...

Looks cute! I love great sibling banter.

My TT:
http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2014/04/teaser-tuesday-34-see-jane-fall.html