Friday, June 24, 2016

The Friday 56

Doing it after VERY LONG!

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url.
*It's that simple.

The Ghost, The Mountain (poem)

Where is he? Now that the woods
are quiet, and the snow,
April-thawed, has carved a bit
more from the rock
Now that the grass has spiked
underfoot

Where is the young black man
in his freshly bought
jacket and urban shoes

the city kid who loves birds?

10 comments:

Lisa Ks Book Reviews said...

While I love the title, the story isn't one that would grab my attention. I hope you enjoyed/are enjoying it. I'd love for you and your readers to check out mine... http://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviewsTGC

Bev Bouwer said...

This reads like a poem. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Here's my Friday Book.

Katherine P said...

This is beautiful. I'm not sure I'd want to read the book but I very much enjoyed the 56!

Unknown said...

A lovely choice. I'm curious about the cover and how it relates to what's inside.

My Friday 56 from Ink and Bone

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Beautiful description in the excerpt.
My Friday post features THE LITTLE FRENCH GUESTHOUSE.

fredamans said...

Such a humble and somber poem, yet so very powerful.
Welcome back, Gautami!! So happy to see you again!
Happy weekend!

Unknown said...

Lovely excerpt. I'm curious about this one. Happy Reading!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Lyrical quotes! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

Yvonne said...

Very nice. Great choice for the Friday 56!

Lauren Stoolfire said...

Intriguing! :)

Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).