Thursday, July 3, 2014

Crime Fiction Pick of the Month---June 2014

Crime Fiction Pick of the Month 2014
The Crime Fiction Pick of the Month meme is hosted at Mysteries in Paradise. Bloggers link to a summary post for the month, and identify a crime fiction best read of the month. I know I am doing this late but better late than never!

I read 14 novels in June. Out of which, four are Crime Fiction. 

I read Literary Fiction, Historical Romances, Poetry etc.

The following six are Crime Fiction novels

The Edge of Normal by Carla Norton (Crime Fiction)
The Dead Don't Dance by John Enright (Crime Fiction)
Jaspar's War by Cym Lowell (Crime Fiction)
Ill-Gotten Gains by Ilsa Evans (Suspense)


I pick The Dead Don't Dance by John Enright as the Crime Fiction Pick for June 2014


In the world of To'aga, tradition co-exists with tribal followings. The world of the past present comes together. And there seem to be more ghosts than people. Enright, with his lyrical writing, has made the Samoan landscape and wildlife alive for us. Some of the characters are very interesting as is Apelu. 

It might seem slow but after a while I couldn't get enough of it. I got into the spirit of the place. This is one the best novels I have read so far. I am going to check out more of John Enright's Jungle Beat mysteries



Click on the title for my full review.....

0 comments: