Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Teaser Tuesday: Extra Care by Alina Cosma (Poetry)


Screams

He wants to hold my hand in this race
Where everyone tries to keep the pace
Where every smile has a shadow of disgrace
He wants to be mine

He wants to be the reason to rise when I slide
The colours of day during night
And the knife that doesn't cut my life and
He wants to stay by my side

He wants to breath for me when I can't
And substitute carelessness with concern
And chase away the demons that haunt
Every single corner of my world

And I said to him
I don't know what you mean
I only know how I feel
I don't know what you dream
I only hear those screams

~ Screams, Extra Care by Alina Cosma

It is a collection of fifteen poems. All are reflective of emotions. One can easily relate to the poems as feelings and emotions are universal. The questions we ask ourselves and answers we find within the questions. I could get that and more. Do pick it up. This thin volume is worth it. 

15 comments:

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

the entire poem is a teaser for the final line... great TT choice

my tt is a bit of classic nostalgia

Unknown said...

ooh, nice choice :)
http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2014/06/teaser-tuesdays.html

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Lovely poetry. You're right -- emotions are universal.
My Teaser is from SINFUL FOLK. There's a giveaway too.

Cleopatra Loves Books said...

As always I loved the poem you've chosen this week. I really look forward to them now. Here is my TT http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/06/03/teaser-tuesday-june-3/

Yvonne said...

Good choice for TT.

Holly said...

This is interesting. I've never been big into poetry mostly because I don't usually understand it, but this seems "real". I liked it.

Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

JC Jones said...

Interesting poem. Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog.

Irene said...

lovely,

LuAnn @ BackPorchervations said...

I understand, Gautami. I had a dream (ok, a nightmare) last week that still has me spooked. But at least I can sleep again. Wonderful poetry in your teaser.

fredamans said...

Deep prose.

Tracy said...

Oh goodness. Gave me chills. Great teaser for the collection.

Catherine @ Book Club Librarian said...

Lovely...this is the first time I've seen a poem as a Tuesday Teaser.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Unknown said...

He wants....the screams. A very compelling poem. Here's mine from Jill Archer's White Heart of Justice

Unknown said...

Scary teaser. Very intense.
Thanks for the visit!

Becca said...

Wow, powerful poem and this is only a teaser? Awesome!