Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Teaser Tuesday: Murder Strikes a Pose by Tracy Weber


Michael spoke slowly and sternly, as if scolding an obstinate child. 

“Kate, let me be very clear about this. You will not continue this murder investigation, under any circumstances. I forbid it.” 

Michael’s words were unequivocal, not to be challenged. He was man. He was in charge. He expected no argument. 

He was an idiot.

Title: Murder Strikes a Pose
Author: Tracy Weber
ISBN: 9780738739687
Publisher: Midnight Ink/2014
Pages: 274

Kate Davidson is a Seattle yoga instructor. She is struggling to keep her yoga business intact. She is also fending off matching efforts by her best friend. One fine day she finds a homeless man selling newspaper in from of her yoga studio. It wouldn't have been so bad but his horse-sized German shepherd Bella scares everyone away. She befriends the homeless alcoholic George, and his best friend, Bella. The three of them form some kind of camaraderie and she learns that George has more to what he appears to be.


Then one day she stumbles over his body in the studio’s parking lot. Police treat it as just another drug related street crime but Kate knows that George was no drug dealer. She is determined to find his killers. Also she wants someone to adopt that big dog! No one willing and the dog has already adopted her.

Meanwhile the killer is moving on to her. She knows if she doesn't do something, she will end up as a permanent yoga pose of death!

The novel moves forward in a good pace. The relationship between Bella and Kate is very good. She wants the dog to be adopted but the dog wants Kate to be her master. The story has elements of murder, mayhem, humor, a bit of a romance and understanding and makes for a good cozy mystery. 

The characters are well developed and quite likable. The detailing is very good. And the dog is lovable! As I am an Indian and do yoga, I understood the yoga terminology and poses too well....

9 comments:

Kim@Time2Read said...

Haha! Great teaser! The synopsis sounds interesting, too! Enjoy!
Today I am spot lighting The Unfinished Child by Theresa Shea.

Love Africa Book Club said...

LOL. Spoken like a true woman. Great teaser.
Here's mine
www.lovebitesandsilk.co.uk/2014/04/teasertuesday-opening-paragraph-stately.html

kayerj said...

the opening is good, and I loved the teaser from the second book. thanks so much for stopping by. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Made me laugh...Here is my TT http://cynthiastacey.com/2014/04/15/teaser-tuesday-april-15/

Anonymous said...

An interesting teaser.

fredamans said...

I like her spunk!

Yvonne said...

I would definitely continue reading this one...in fact, I have it to be reviewed :)

Anonymous said...

This cover looks so cute and the story sounds fun too. I wish I would make time for yoga. There have been periods in my life when I've made the time and I always feel so refreshed after (even if muscles hurt).

Tracy Weber said...

Hi all! I just stumbled by this review. So glad you liked the book!