Thursday, April 3, 2014

Booking Through Mark-Ups

btt buttonDo you write in your books? Highlight? Make notes? Or do you like to keep your copies as pristine as possible?

When in school and college, I used to mark in my text books. I wrote, highlighted and made notes in the margins. You name it, I did it. I still do it in the copy of my text books that I teach to my students.

But for novels, poetry books, I do not do any of the above. I do not even dog ear the books. I like my novels and poetry books pristine!

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I was the same way in college but wouldn't dare mark in a book these days.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

While I wrote that I do not mark my books, I recall that I did highlight in textbooks.

Here's MY BTT Post

Lark @ The Bookwyrm's Hoard said...

I used to highlight my textbooks, but I cringe at the idea of writing in a book. I'm not sure why; some readers and teachers feel that interacting with books in that way engages you more in the material. Perhaps I'll try writing notes in the margins of my next nonfiction read... but I can't see doing it to my fiction books.