Saturday, April 26, 2014

24 Hour Read-a-Thon: Kick off Meme



Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon April 26-27, 2014

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
I live in Delhi, India. My start up time is 5:30 pm. Late, I know and it is tiring too after a day's work. 

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

I will read mostly Crime Fiction and one book of poetry. These are fast paced, hence work better for me. I plan to read at least 4 books out of the following:

1. The Edge of Normal by Carla Norton (306 pages)
2. That Old Black Magic by Mary Jane Clark (354 pages)
3. The Sound of Broken Glass by Deborah Crombie (359 pages)
4. Dead Set by Will Carver (453 pages)
5. The Dead Don't Dance by John Enright (248 pages)
6. Jaspar's War by Cym Lowell (339 pages)
7. Our Held Animal Break by Kathryn Kirkpatrick (poetry) (95 pages)


I might read a couple of e-books, romances, if it gets tough. 

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

I will snack on munchies and tea.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!

I am a poet. And a teacher. And a READER!!

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

I look forward to reading. MORE readung. And visiting some blogs!!

 And yes, I miss Dewey. Book blogging world has lost a champion of the cause. She was a great uniting force.......

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Good luck with the reading! :)

Anonymous said...

It would be hard to start the readathon after work! I started at 5am, which also isn't ideal, but it's still fun!

I'm glad that Dewey is still able to bring us all together to read together, though. What a great legacy.