Friday, March 14, 2014

The Noah's Ark Quest by Boyd Morrison



Hasad Arvadi's legs wouldn't cooperate. He strained to pull himself to the wall so he could spend his final moments propped upright, without the use of his legs, it was a hopeless task. The stone floor was too slick, and his arm strength was sapped. His head dropped to the floor. Breaths came in short gasps. He remained on his back, the life draining from him. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I want you to help me find Noah's Ark."

~~~Posted for The Friday 56, which is hosted by Freda's Voice

The Noah's Ark Quest by Boyd Morrison

When facts meet fiction, with history playing a part, we get a thriller like The Noah's Ark Quest. Young Archaeologist, Dilara Kenner's father is missing since the last three years. He had supposedly found Noah's Ark. Dilara gets in touch with Tyler Locke, who is a former army engineer and both go on a quest without really knowing what they are looking for.

Sebastian Ulric has plans of creating a new world. He wants to have a new version of Noah's ark. For that he can kill the whole world except for a few chosen ones. He tests his Arkon B gas on people where there is nothing left of the person. He wants that gas used to kill billions. Dilara and Tyler have to stop that. And at every step, Ulric is bent on eliminating them. But they survive with Tyler's ingenuity.

As a thriller it works fine. But there are no surprises. I quite liked the historical facts. Any book that teaches me about places, cultures and religion is good enough for me. 

8 comments:

Juli Rahel said...

Oh no, that is quite a traumatic beginning. I'd hate to end my life in a way like that! I hope the rest of the book is enjoyable but no less exciting! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have an amazing weekend!
My Friday Post
Juli @ Universe in Words

Lianne @ caffeinatedlife.net said...

Great opening! Like Juli said, it sounds pretty harrowing, but I'm curious about this title now (I think my mum my like it). Thanks for sharing these opening lines, happy reading :)

My Friday Book Memes

JC Jones said...

That is an interesting beginning. Doesn't look like he lasted for long. Here is my post: Mixed Book Bag

Cheryl said...

Great hook. I'll have to check this one out. Thanks for sharing.

Hope you'll visit me at http://www.thebusymomsdaily.com/2014/03/the-friday-56-week-169.html

Sandra Nachlinger said...

What an unusual opening for a book -- someone dying! The synopsis reminds me of Indiana Jones. This sounds like an exciting story.
Here's the link to my Friday post: WEB OF TYRANNY.

fredamans said...

Sounds very adventurous and exciting to me! I'm in! :-)

Happy weekend!

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

That's a pretty gruesome beginning -- it definitely puts you right in the middle of the action.

Thanks for sharing your book on BBOF!

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

I like learning things from books too but hate to waste my efforts on books that are too predictable.