Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Sunday Post/Sunday Salon: Chit Chatting


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

It was somewhat a horrible week, what with the weather playing havoc. It started out with being sunny but ended up with rain and cold. Today we woke up to a thick fog. I have cough and cold and mom too is under the weather.

I did not read much in the first few days of the week but haven't done badly. I took a while to get to The Headmaster's Wager by Vincent Lam but after reaching the second half, I couldn't wait to finish it. Nowadays, I am picking up books which are not my genre. After two years hiatus, I have joined many reading challenges and that is helping me read more. I am also thinking of getting a tablet to help me read e-books. I am not keen on buying an e-reader exclusively. Suggestions are welcome. 

I wrote down a lot of pending reviews for 2013 and scheduled those for the next few weeks. Most of us get jitters about reviewing. Reading is NEVER a problem.

I posted the following on my blog: 

7 comments:

Monika @ Lovely Bookshelf said...

I'm sorry you're feeling under the weather. Feel better soon!

Harvee said...

Hope you and mom feel better soon. We have snow again for the next few days. Hope you are not having unseasonable weather too.

Deborah Crombie's book I'm looking forward to for a later book tour.

bermudaonion said...

We had awful weather too. I hope you're back to your old self soon!

Vasilly said...

I definitely get jitters about reviewing. I have a huge backlog right now. *sigh*

I hope you feel better soon. The weather here has been up and down. It was cold earlier in the week, but yesterday it was hot.

Margaret @ BooksPlease said...

The weather here hasn't been too bad, although the south of the UK has had terrible weather!

Sometimes I find it hard to read the right book at the right time and challenges can give me a push in the right direction - I'm glad it's working for you too.

My husband has a tablet which he thinks is great, using for reading books as well as lots of other things - me, I like my Kindle!

Greg said...

It's always nice to pick a book in a different genre and enjoy it. Hope you and your mom feel better soon!

Unknown said...

Hope you keep safe in the weather! So far, I'll try to write my reviews straight away after finishing a book, but with more and more on my TBR pile, that will be a problem in months to come. But I enjoy it… and as you said, reading is never the problem!