Monday, January 6, 2014

Monday: Mailbox/What Am I reading?/Musing

Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week and explore great book blogs. Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists. It has finally found a permanent  home at Mailbox Monday with the following new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree
Serena of Savvy Verse & Wit
Vicki of I'd Rather Be at the Beach

I did not receive any print copies but I received six e-books from Kavita Rao. Inspector Singh Investigates is a series of crime fiction novels, written by the Asian author, Shamini Flint. I own the print copies of the last two. 


They tell the story of Inspector Singh, a fat Sikh, Singaporean murder investigator, with a track record in catching killers. He does not fit into the Singapore police force culture, so he gets sent by his superiors on investigations anywhere but Singapore. The aim is to keep him as far from Singapore as possible and hopefully to keep him away from trouble, which is always near by when Inspector Singh is involved.

Taken from Wikipedia
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hosted by Sheila @ One Person's Journey Through a World of BooksWe discuss the books that we've read and what we're planning to read for the week. 

I finished reading the following:

2) Inspector Singh Investigates: A Calamitous Chinese Killing by Shamini Flint.....Mystery
3) Death, Taxes and Green Tea Ice Cream by  Diane Kelly....Cozy
4) Dirty Little Secrets by Liliana Hart......Thriller
5) Far to Go by Alison Pick (Literary Fiction) (Canada)

I am in the midst of reading:


I posted reviews of the following:

1) Tomorrow City by Kirk Kjeldsen---(Crime Fiction)
2) One Dead Cookie by Virginia Lowell
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Musing Mondays asks you to muse about something related to books each week…

• Maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!

22 comments:

bermudaonion said...

That looks like a terrific series. I hope you enjoy visiting with Inspector Singh!

Kathy Martin said...

Looks like you read and got some good books. I am a fan of mysteries and thrillers too. You can see my plans for the week here. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

You had a thrilling week it seems!

Have a fab week,
Shelleyrae @ Book'd out

Vicki said...

I love a good mystery, have never read Flint, so I'll check her out.

I didn't receive any books through the mail, but got a few gifted to me through Audible.com and Amazon.

The Reading Date said...

Enjoy Inspector Singh! Sounds like a fun series.

kay - Infinite Shelf said...

I had never heard of the Inspector Singh Investigates series, but now I am intrigued. It's a different setting from my usual reading for sure. Enjoy your new books!

Unknown said...

Tomorrow City sounds intriguing. Enjoy all your reads!

Take a look at what I'm reading this week.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Sounds like a fun series - hope you're enjoying it. Have a good week!

Cheryl said...

That Inspector series sounds interesting. I usually prefer fiction set in America, but I'm not opposed to expanding my horizons.

I joined Freda's challenge too. Good luck.

Hope you'll stop by my MM at http://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2014/01/musing-mondays-january-6th.html

Gigi Ann said...

I joined a few reading challenges this year also. Enjoy your reading this year.

Unknown said...

That Inspector Singh series sounds interesting. Hope you enjoy it!

Here's my Musing for the week.

Elizabeth said...

ENJOY your downloads.

Looks like you had a good week.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Mailbox Monday

Anonymous said...

That sounds interesting. I've never read any books involving a singh. Or any other desi.

Sonia Lal

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

The crime fiction looks good!

Sharon Galligar Chance said...

You've got some great books lined up, my friend! The "Death, Taxes and Green Tea Ice Cream" has me intrigued - great title! Have a great week of reading!!

Sharon Galligar Chance said...

You've got some great books lined up, my friend! The "Death, Taxes and Green Tea Ice Cream" has me intrigued - great title! Have a great week of reading!!

The Brunette Librarian said...

2014 is off to a great start!
Happy Reading This Week!! The Brunette Librarian's Blog

JC Jones said...

I only did one book challenge last year and that was the Goodreads one. I haven't signed up yet this year but will soon.

Harvee said...

Looking forward to reading the Inspector Singh mysteries, Gautami. Have a great reading week!

Yvonne @ Fiction Books Reviews said...

Hi Gautami,

Since I began blogging and accepting author review requests, I have read more and more books which have taken me out of my comfort zone and to other parts of the world.

I have never read any books set in Singapore, so combine that with my love of a good mystery and 'The Inspector Singh Investigates' series, is a definite for my reading list.

Thanks for the feature and for sharing your new finds.

Have a great week,

Yvonne

Anonymous said...

I've read the first Inspector Singh book and really enjoyed it. I didn't realise there were so many more books about him! I love SE Asia, so I must hunt the books down.

Lady In Read said...

I picked up books in this series a couple of times and put them back.. will wait for your reviews on all of them now:) and love your challenges,,,