Monday, September 23, 2013

Monday: Mailbox/What am I Reading?/Musings

Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week and explore great book blogs. Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists. September host  for the past two weeks is Bob @ Beauty in Ruins

I received the following book from the publicist:


In Gifts Not Yet Given, a warm and nuanced collection of short stories from award-winning author Kergan Edwards-Stout, dreams are realized, hope is found, memories are made, and life is treasured.  Each story is set around a holiday, from Halloween to Memorial Day, Thanksgiving to Christmas, and the tales illuminate the small yet pivotal moments in which personal awakenings occur and hearts expand. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hosted by Sheila @ One Person's Journey Through a World of BooksWe discuss the books that we've read and what we're planning to read for the week.

I finished reading:

NOTHING! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday Musing asks you to muse about something to do with books and reading each week…


• Maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!

Can someone recommend books on Origami? I know simple ones and wish to try the complicated stuff.

11 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I wish I could help you with origami books.

Harvee said...

Gifts Not Yet Given reminds me of the holidays coming up! And gift giving!

Irene said...

I too would love to help you with Oragami, but my books are just beginner ones too.

Suko said...

Gifts Not Yet Given sounds very lovely. Good luck finding a good book on origami, which is a beautiful art.

Vicki said...

Gifts Not Yet Given sounds really good!

I know nothing about Oragami, sorry!

Elizabeth said...

Gifts Not Yet Given looks good....hope you enjoy it.

ENJOY your week.

http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2013/09/mailbox-monday-92313.html

Serena said...

enjoy your new book.

JC Jones said...

Hope you find a good origami book. I don't have any idea where to look. Here is my MM

Daystarz Books said...

Synchronicity - I just today took my daughter to the library as she wanted to get books on origami. Unfortunately they're junior ones so no recommendation. Here's my musing: http://daystarz.wordpress.com/2013/09/24/musing-mondays-9/

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I didn't finish any books last week either! Sorry I can't help with the origami books.

Tea said...

I like the title of the short stories, Gifts Not Yet Given. I've won many books but never a book of short stories or poetry. Enjoy~