Monday, July 29, 2013

Monday: Mailbox/What Am I reading?/Musings

Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week and explore great book blogs. Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists. July host is Tasha @ Book Obsessed.

I received one book from the publisher and other from my brother:

1) Techie @ Heart by Karthik S.

When I got into India’s top-most software company, I thought,
Dude, your life is set.
My future was bright, my parents were damn proud of me, my
hot girlfriend and I planned a great life together.
Then things began to happen…crazy things I had not foreseen…
I was forced to reassess my dreams…to reconfigure the way I
thought…to look again at this thing they call love…
I am Karthik S. And this is my story.'

2) Tantra by Adi

Anu is a leather wearing, no-nonsense professional guardian with a reputation for killing the most dangerous vampires in New York City. But when her enemies murder the one person she truly cared about, all she wants is vengeance. The only clue points to New Delhi, so Anu puts in for a job transfer.

In India, she finds more than she expected. For one thing, her fellow operatives have made a truce with the vampires. For another, it’s way too hot to wear leather.

At first, it seems Anu’s biggest challenge will be evading the nice boys her aunt wants her to marry. But when children start disappearing, she discovers forces older and darker than anything she’s faced before. All of Delhi is in danger, especially the sexy stranger who sets Anu’s pulse racing.

To prepare for the coming battle, Anu must overcome her personal demons and put aside years of training. This time, her most powerful weapon will come from her mind, not her weapons belt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hosted by Sheila @ One Person's Journey Through a World of BooksWe discuss the books that we've read and what we're planning to read for the week.

I finished reading:


Nothing!!

I am in the midst of reading:

The Roman Prophecy by John Trace

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday Musing asks you to muse about something to do with books and reading each week…

•You just want to ramble on about something pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!


I detest book stickers on the cover, be it front or back.  

11 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I hope you enjoy your new books!

Serena said...

Enjoy your new books

RAnn said...

Have a great week and enjoy your books

The Reading Date said...

Techie @ Heart looks cute. Hope you enjoy it!

Unknown said...

Enjoy your books. Have a great week!

Elizabeth said...

ENJOY your books.

There are weeks where you just can't get a book read.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Mailbox Monday

Marce said...

I hope your not in a reading slump and just busy with life.

Nise' said...

How nice to get a book from your brother! My brothers all live too far away to share books, but we give each other many recommendations.

Kathy Martin said...

Both of your new books look good. I hope you can find some time for reading soon. Come see my Monday wrap-up. Have a great reading week.

Sonia Lal said...

The first title sounds familiar and the second one sounds very interesting.

Sonia Lal

Anonymous said...

I hope that you enjoy your new books.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/07/mailbox-monday_29.html