Thursday, February 7, 2013

Booking Through Influence

btt buttonDo other people influence what you choose to read? When a family member recommends something, or a friend says they hated a book you were planning to read … does it affect your reading choices?

In my teenage years, I used to read books recommended by my brothers, all kinds of crime fiction, legal thrillers and detective novels. My friends used to read romance novels and so did I, at one point of time. Then I explored other genres, all by myself. I read those like crazy.

I still read Crime Fiction but that is not the only genre I read. I read poetry, science books and so much more. Now book blogs help me choose. I trust those more than anything else. 

5 comments:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Romance novels got me through college! I love book recommendations from others. I wouldn't have discovered as many great books or authors if I didn't pay attention to recommendations.
2 Kids and Tired Books BTT

Anonymous said...

Discovering books on your own is always a good thing to.
http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/02/booking-through-thursday.html

DawnTreader said...

I guess I weigh in recommendations but I also like to make my own decisions.
http://dawntreader-island2.blogspot.se/2013/02/booking-through-thursday-influence.html

bermudaonion said...

Blogs influence me a lot as well.

Anonymous said...

Book bloggers are my biggest influence too!