Monday, October 15, 2012

Monday: Mailbox/What Am I reading?/Musing

Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia at A Girl and Her BooksShe is the host of MM for the month of October.

I received ONE books in my mailbox:

Death By Bourbon by Abigail Keam:

Josiah Reynolds is a retired art professor who keeps honeybees as a hobby. She lives in an iconic house called the Butterfly designed by her now deceased husband.
An amateur sleuth, Josiah lives in the glamorous world of Thoroughbreds, oak-cured bourbon and antebellum mansions, struggling to uncover the truth in the Kentucky Bluegrass, which keeps its secrets well.
In "Death By Bourbon", charming and handsome Addison DeWitt takes a sip of bourbon at an engagement party and falls into a fit a few minutes later. Josiah thinks it was murder, but no one believes her except for her friends, Lady Elsmere and Meriah Caldwell, the famous mystery writer.
The three of them try to outsmart the suspected murderer, but the killer is always three steps ahead of them in this fast-paced, witty and fun who-dun-it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I finished reading:

Nothing. I have Central serous retinopathy in my left eye....which is fluid leakage under the retina....that means I have blurred vision for now....

It will clear up with time....I have been told to reduce my stress. I am going to take leave from work and right now I just trying to relax doing nothing. Not much of reading, watching TV or even use my laptop.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do you have a system as to which books to read from your “requested review pile? What is it? What about when there are too many to read in a certain time frame?

I read what is needed to read first. But there is no hard and fast rule. I read at my own pace and mood. I take part in very few book tours so as not feel pressurized.

8 comments:

Anna said...

Hope your vision clears up soon. Maybe an audio book in the meantime??

Gigi Ann said...

I hope the eye clears up for you soon. I just finished reading "Death by Bourbon" yesterday for a book tour, my review will appear in My Reading Corner on Tuesday, November 6, 2012.

Since I read for fun and entertainment, I am very selective of the books I choose for requested reading. I also don’t like the stress of having to have a book read by a certain time. That is one of the reasons I started my own personal library so I’m not under a deadline to get a book read. I also love my local library, but don’t check out many books because again I have to read it by a certain date, I am retired and don’t like stress. ; )

DCMetroreader said...

I hope you feel better soon and are able to enjoy your new book!

Elizabeth said...

Hope your eye is better soon.

Death By Bourbon sounds good.

I have a running list that I cross off as I read and review.

I am usually pretty close to my promised date for reviews for authors. I am slightly overwhelmed at the moment, but it will all work out.

ENJOY your book.


Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/10/mailbox-monday-10142012.html

Nise' said...

Hopefully you can listen to some audiobooks! Hope your eye clears up quickly.

bermudaonion said...

I sure hope the rest helps!

Kaye said...

Death by Bourbon sounds like a fun read.

Anonymous said...

I hope your eyes get better soon!