Monday, September 10, 2012

Monday: Mailbox/What am I reading?/Musing

Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia at A Girl and Her BooksKristen of BookNAround is hosting MM for the month of September.

I received ONE book in my mailbox:


Kop Killer by Warren Hammond:

KOP Killer, a darkly dystopian science fiction thriller from Warren HammondJuno Mozambe once had a life. That was when he was a dirty cop, married to a woman who suffered such profound abuse that she murdered her vile, drug kingpin father. Juno loved his wife and did his best to help her survive her guilt, her drug habit, and her desire to end her life on the dead-end planet of Lagarto.When she died, however, Juno's life went downhill. And then his first partner, the corrupt chief of the Koba Office of Police, was murdered. The man responsible, Emil Mota, is using the KOP for his personal gain. Juno has been laying low, but now he's ready to do whatever it takes to take down the bastard.Rather than working from inside the system, he's decided that the only way to take down the KOP is to create an independent base of power. So he gets involved with a team of dirty cops and starts working as a rent-a-thug for a whorehouse that needs protection.Juno's last partner knows that his risky plan has a purpose, but she's that rarest of creatures on the hothouse planet of Lagarto: an honest cop. She can't help him.When Juno discovers a series of profoundly twisted murders, he faces a bleak possibility: in his desperate quest for vengeance against the man who targeted him for death, Juno may have placed himself beyond any hope of redemption.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila of Book Journey

I finished reading:

The 12th Victim by Katia Lief

I am in the midst of reading:

Varied Novels!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do you take notes while you read?

I used to take notes. Not any more. Nowadays, I do not have the time....

20 comments:

bermudaonion said...

That sounds like an intense book!

Kristen said...

I'm pretty sure Kop Killer would give me technicolor nightmares. Yikes! Happy reading this week.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I hope your mailbox book is a good one!

CMash said...

I need to take notes. Enjoy your new book!!

Jennifer | Mrs Q Book Addict said...

Enjoy your new book. I hope you enjoy it. Happy reading this week.

Melissas Eclectic Bookshelf said...

Sounds like a very gritty book! Enjoy!! My Added to the Bookshelf post!

♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

The Reading Date said...

Kop Killer does sound exciting- hope you enjoy it!

BurtonReview said...

Great premise for your Mailbox. Hope you like it! My Monday post is here. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an intriguing read, enjoy!

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/09/mailbox-monday.html

dollycas aka Lori said...

Enjoy your books!!

Cathy De Los Santos said...

Exactly who has time to take notes lol. Thanks for stopping by today!

Nise' said...

I usually don't take notes either, but every once in awhile I do. Look forward to your thoughts on Kop Killer. Have a great reading week.

Irene said...

I always love when you visit me, and I do check out your favorite hops. Enjoy Kop Killer.

Anna said...

Sounds interesting. Hope you enjoy it!

Yvonne said...

I don't take notes either.

Staci said...

Hope you enjoy this one.

Martha Eskuchen said...

Kop Killer sounds good if rough. I'll be interested in your comments when you read it.
Hope this week is good to you!

PinkPigReads said...

Thanks for stopping by!

Shelleyrae said...

i never take notes either though I keep meaning to!

Have a great reading week
Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

Jessica ( frellathon ) said...

Sounds like an interesting spin