Wednesday, September 12, 2012

BBAW 2012: What does book blogging mean to you?

What does book blogging means to me?

For most, blogs serve as a journal of daily activities for friends, family, and other associates to share and keep in touch with each other.  Blogs are sources of original information that can not be found anywhere else.  Many blogs focus on online writing and collaboration  where they filter information, keeping the important bits, and providing context in a particular subject that is interesting.

What is book blogging? It is everything to do with books, i.e., reviews, highlights, authors and publisher. What does it mean to me? How do I describe it? It means the world to me. I am thrilled to meet book bloggers who love books as much as I do. I love to share my views about the books I read. Book blogging has opened a vast world of books, authors, publishers which is not accessible otherwise. I can interact with people from all over the world sitting right at home. I had not even thought of it a few years ago. I have evolved over the years. I keep adding to my reading and enhancing it.  

9 comments:

Tanya Patrice said...

"Book blogging has opened a vast world of books, authors, publishers which is not accessible otherwise. I can interact with people from all over the world sitting right at home." - YES!!!

The Relentless Reader said...

I love your answer, this community is simply the BEST!

The Relentless Reader

Suey said...

So true! All of it! :)

Literary Feline said...

Such a great answer, Gautami! I am so glad to have met you.

Elizabeth said...

BEAUTIFUL answer.

To Me....Blogging is all about the wonderful bloggers who make it happen.

Stop by to see my post if you like.

Have a fun day.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/09/book-blogger-appreciation-week-day-3.html

Jo @ Booklover Book Reviews said...

So so true - book blogging makes the world feel both smaller (at your fingertips) and larger (so much more to explore) at the same time. I have broadened my reading tastes considerably since I started blogging 3 years ago.

Bev Hankins said...

Very well said!

Lisa said...

Isn't it weird how now, by the time you see a book in a store, you wonder why it's not out in paperback yet since you've known about it for so long?! I love being "in the know!"

Melody said...

Totally agree with you!!