Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Top Ten Favorite Books I've Read During The Lifespan Of My Blog

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at The Broke and the BookishEach week, we get a theme to list our top tens. 

This week's Top Ten pick : Top Ten Favorite Books I've Read During The Lifespan Of My Blog 

I started book blogging in mid 2006. There are many books which have been my best reads since then. To list 10 is not doing justice to all those great reads. Here I go listing the best ones I remember. Do click on the titles to read my reviews. 
Those are no particular order:

1) East of Eden by John Steinbeck
2) Crow Lake by Mary Lawson
3) The Road by Cormac McCarthy
4) Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
5) Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
6) The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
7) The Cellist of Sarajevo by Steven Galloway
8) I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb
9) Faces In The Fire by T. L. Hines
10 A) The Girl With a Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson
     B) The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson
     C) The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson

7 comments:

Laura at Library of Clean Reads said...

I haven't read any of these books, but I really do want to read The Book Thief.

bermudaonion said...

I tried to come up with a list like this several years ago and failed miserably. I've only read one book on your list.

thecuecard said...

I like your list and it gives me some titles to read thanks! http://www.thecuecard.com/

Aleksandra said...

Great list! I had trouble choosing my Top 10, too. So many amazing books got left out :( And I loved The Book Thief, too.

Bev Hankins said...

The Book Thief is a good one! It almost made my list....too many good ones over the last 2 1/2 to 3 years to list them all. Thanks for stopping by!

Li @ rulethewaves.net said...

Great list! I would've put The Book Thief on my list but I hadn't written a review for it and it slipped my thoughts when I made my list! The Cellist of Sarajevo was also a great book but I think I read it before I started book blogging...I think...haha

Here's my TTT for this week =)

Angela said...

I must read The Cellist of Sarajevo. It sounds like a fascinating story.