Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Top Ten Books I'd Recommend As Good Beach Reads



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at The Broke and the BookishEach week, we get a theme to list our top tens. 

This Week's Pick: Top Ten Books I'd Recommend As Good Beach Reads


I can read anything, anywhere. I do not have "seasonal" preferences for reading. I suppose many readers like to read light during summer or at the beach. I am not recommending fluff or light reads but certain authors that I think everyone should read:

1) Guy de Maupassant: Get hold of everything that he wrote. He is worth it.

2) Victor Hugo: His novels have depth

3) Robert Frost: Why not read some poetry?

4) Pablo Neruda: Now that I mentioned poetry, you might as well as read Neruda!

5) Bronte Sisters: Yes, there are three Bronte sisters, Emily, Charlotte and Agnes. All worth reading.

6) Charles Dickens: No introduction necessary

7) Gabriel Garcia Marquez: If you have not read anything by him, start by picking his short sory collections. (you will find reviews of a few on this blog)

8) Stieg Larsson: What's wrong with CRIME FICTION?

9) Arthur Conan Doyle: Elementary, my dear Watson!!

10) PICK ANY AUTHOR: READ ALL HIS/HER BOOKS 

15 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I need something light at the beach because of all the distractions.

Vasilly said...

Neruda is such a great poet! I definitely agree with you when it comes to Marquez's short stories. They're often amazing.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I tend to read things that can be broken up into little parts like a book of essays when I am vacationing...like right now!

Here's my list of Top Ten Favorite Beach Reads. I hope you will stop by and tell me what you think!

Vikk @ Down the Writer's Path said...

Enjoyed your list. I tend to read whatever is calling me whether it's a light read or a heavy one. Not so much a seasonal reader. Love your list.

kayerj said...

so many great authors, so many great books, so little time. kaye—the road goes ever ever on

The Reading Date said...

I tend to gravitate towards lighter choices in the summer but your timeless list is perfect for any time.
Hope you have some fun summer reading adventures!

@MelissaJoLynn_ said...

I still need to finish The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and Oliver Twist lol. I got halfway through both and stopped for some reason. Thanks for stopping by today!

Christina said...

Looks like you enjoy classics just a little bit? Haha. I usually want something a bit lighter on vacation, although, really, I'll read anything. I like the idea of reading one author exclusively, though!

Rina said...

I love the Sherlock Holmes stories! Great list for any time! Thanks for visiting my top ten.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Neruda has been on my list for such a long time! I need to make time to read him.

Erica said...

I still need to pick up quite a few of those authors - will have to do so soon :)

Nicole @ Librarian in the Cupboard said...

I love that you chose not to put the fluffy quick reads on your list!

Angela said...

Great list! I love the Bronte sisters.

Li @ rulethewaves.net said...

Great list! I've been meaning to get around to Victor Hugo and Guy de Maupassant sounds interesting, will have to check his stuff out.

Thanks for visiting my blog yesterday! =)

Susan said...

I've always read a little differently in our summers, lighter books. I want to read classics then, I have time (I think) on my holidays, and then I get distracted, so light books are easier on me. Interesting that you picked Guy de Maupassant as essential beach reading!