Monday, March 12, 2012

Mondays: Mailbox/What Are You Reading?/Musings

Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia at A Girl and Her Books. This month it is hosted by Anna of Diary of an Eccentric.

I received one book, thanks to the publicist.

The Book Of Lost Fragrances by M.J. RoseJac L'Etoile has always been haunted by the past, her memories infused with the exotic scents that she grew up surrounded by as the heir to a storied French perfume company. In order to flee the pain of those remembrances--and of her mother's suicide--she moved to America. Now, fourteen years later she and her brother have inherited the company along with it's financial problems. But when Robbie hints at an earth-shattering discovery in the family archives and then suddenly goes missing--leaving a dead body in his wake--Jac is plunged into a world she thought she'd left behind.

Back in Paris to investigate her brother's disappearance, Jac becomes haunted by the legend the House of L'Etoile has been espousing since 1799. Is there a scent that can unlock the mystery of reincarnation - or is it just another dream infused perfume?

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila of Book Journey

Finally I finished reading: 

The Fifth Witness by Michael Connelly

What book do you wish you were reading right now? Where would you take it to, if you could go anywhere to read for a while?

My reading is VERY slow right now. I wish I could just about pick any book and read it at one go. The time and place are irrelevant in a massive reading slump.

20 comments:

Lisa@ButteryBooks said...

I have not heard of The Book of Lost Fragrances but it sounds really good.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

OOH I have the Lost Fragrances book! I look forward to it!

Martha Eskuchen said...

Hi Gautami-
Thanks for visiting me last week. I'm glad to see you finished that book. Some do read slower than others. That would be frustrating to get stuck on just one. Maybe my reading several at a time helps.

The Book of Lots Fragrances sounds interesting.
I got a chuckle from your 'watch this space' comment! :-)
Have a good week.

KarenSi said...

Glad you got to finish your book. Did you enjoy it?

Mary (Bookfan) said...

All the reviews I've read of this book have been favorable so I hope you enjoy it!

caite said...

I find these reading slumps will pass. At least they always have so far!

Anonymous said...

This book sounds interesting, enjoy!

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/mailbox-monday_12.html

CMash said...

The Book of Lost Frangrances is quite a popular book. I am interested in seeing your thoughts on it. Maybe this will be the book to get over the slump.

Kaye said...

I've read a lot of good reviews on The Book of Lost Fragances. I hope you enjoy all your new reads.

pussreboots said...

The Book of Lost Fragrances sounds interesting. My goal is to finish Angelology. Please come see what else I'm reading.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I keep planning to read something by M. J. Rose. Enjoy!

And thanks for visiting my blog.

DCMetroreader said...

I've heard good things about The Book of Lost Fragrances. Hope you enjoy it!

Regarding your reading slump, all slumps pass yous will too (hope it is sooner rather than later).

Laura at Library of Clean Reads said...

This book has such a great title and cover. I hope your reading slump doesn't last too long. I know what those feel like!

Amused said...

I have this book too so I am looking forward to comparing notes with you on it!

Kwizgiver said...

I just read a newsletter about the Book of Lost Fragrances--I added it to my queue!

Holly said...

It took awhile to get going but I really enjoyed The Book of Lost Fragrances. Hope you do too :) Happy reading!

Mystica said...

I've seen the book on several blogs with such positive reviews.

Teddy Rose said...

The Book of Lost Fragrances sounds really good! I'm currently running a giveaway for it on my site. Enjoy!!

Anna said...

I have The Book of Lost Fragrances, too. It looks great, doesn't it? Happy reading!

Leslie (Under My Apple Tree) said...

I've seen The Book of Lost Fragrances on a few other blogs. Hope it's a good one for you.