Thursday, February 9, 2012

Booking Through Only Five

btt button

If you had to pick only 5 books to read ever again, what would they be and why?

I will answer it differently:

All the Perry Mason novels by Erly Stanely Gardner. The court room scenes never tire me. All the Alistair MacLean novels. These thrillers are edgy and I can read again and again. All the Agatha Christie novels. The slow mysteries work great any time of the day! Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier: For that gothic touch, the sheer pleasure of words. Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman. It is a poetry collection and I wish to own it and read it again and again.

12 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Good choices! Rebecca made mine, too.

Here's MY THURSDAY MEMES POST

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Agatha Christie is one of my favorites. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought

Josette said...

Liked the way you answered the question! Oh, I really need to read Rebecca. Most people have already read the book.

Unknown said...

Hello :)
thanks for stopping by!
It seems we share an author with Ms. Christie. Whitman is a great poet isn't he? I own leaves of grass and I do flip through it from time to time

Ted said...

Leaves of Grass is a great choice - it never flags on re-reading!

Melissa Wiebe said...

Leaves of Grass is worth the only five; read a number of the poems in it. I have always wanted to read Rebecca.

Anonymous said...

Nice selections.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/02/booking-through-thursday_09.html

bermudaonion said...

I've read one Agatha Christie novel and other than that, your list is new to me.

Miz Moffatt said...

Ah, Leaves of Grass—I'm glad to see other readers adding some poetry to their Top 5 list! I opted for Sylvia Plath with mine, but wow, trying to narrow the list of poets alone seemed impossible.

Thanks for sharing your picks!

Karen Harrington said...

Oh yes, some poetry must be included! :)

Ayanami Faerudo said...

Oh my! You do love your mysteries. I do, too, but I'm more of the Nancy Drew type.

Thanks for stopping by. ^_^

stacybuckeye said...

Great choices. I just finished an Agatha Christie mystery!