Sunday, January 23, 2011

Bloggiesta: Labels / Tags Mini-Challenge

This is run by Beth of Beth Fish Reads. She says, " I am obsessed with my label system, I admit it. And thus my favorite Bloggiesta task is to work on cleaning up my labels." 

I do label my posts. For memes I label those by the day or with their titles. I label my reviews by taking the genre, and also year wise. Let me cite an example. I read The Girl with the Dragon tattoo by Stieg Larsson in 2010. I labelled it: 2010 Crime Fiction, 2010 Suspense/thriller, 2010 Book review, G title, L author. That makes it easier for me to find my own books and I can also keep a tally of what I read in which year.

As I use blogger blog, tagging/labelling is not much of a problem. 

One more thing: I have sorted out reviews by year. One can find those on my left side bar. You can see that here too:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your tags are very thorough and it's easy to locate books. You have a great system set up!

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Wow! I certainly thought I had things well organized. Your tags and labels are so great, it almost makes me want to revamp mine again...

bermudaonion said...

I use labels too but I'm never sure I'm doing it right.