Saturday, October 9, 2010

24 Hour Read-a-thon: The Beginning and meme

Reader Readathon Button Hope all are set for the 24 Hour Read-a-thon! It is 6:30 pm here. I too am ready. To read and cheerlead! 

1) Graces Under Fire by Julie Hyzy
2) Velocity by Alan Jacobson
3) Out at Night by Susan Arnout Smith
4) The Elephant Tree by RD DONALD
5)The Doctor and The Diva by Adrienne McDonnell
6) The Weight of Shadaws Alison Strobel
and last but not least..
7) The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson

I hope to finish three of those, what with my reading slump. Except for 5 and 6, all others are crime fiction. I will read poetry too. 

And as a part of Team Satire, M book bloggers, I will be there to cheer you up! 
Meme:

Where are you reading from today?

See above!

3 facts about me

I am a poet. I teach Math. And I absolutely love tea!

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?

7-8

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?

Not really. I am in some kind of reading slump. So  my only goal is to get back to reading!

If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time?

Don't put pressure. Simply enjoy by reading. That's about it!


5 comments:

CMash said...

GL..hope this helps get you out of your slump. I am so disappointed that I can't participate due to "real life" previous committments.
CMash

Deepali said...

You give good advice about not stressing! MY first book is about halfway done, but my reading is marred by looking at the time every 10 min :(
Need to take a deep breath now...I have a long dinner that I have to go for, which is why I am feeling the pressure!!!

help :(
- Dee from e-Volving Books

Anonymous said...

MMmmm tea. I wish I had some right now...too bad I took it all to work to enjoy there!

Have fun today!

Anonymous said...

(Non)traditional Buddhist readathon blessing:

Just as the books fill the shelves,
Pile together on the floor and stack up on the table
So may the joy of the readathon
Flow forth to brighten your day and lift your spirit.
Books already read, books in progress and books yet to be read.

By the power of every word on the page
May your book be delightful,
As scary as Lovecraft’s Cthulhu
Or as sweet as a box of See’s candy.

Let the power of the images evoked by words
Keep you stay awake long through the night
May no obstacle impede
Your day filled with books.

For all of those who are reading today
Who follow in the path of Dewey
May your day be filled with the four blessings
Of fabulous books, tasty snacks, comfy chairs and joy.

Mystica said...

I like your selection of books! I also like the poetry, the maths and the tea mix! Enjoy.