Sunday, April 18, 2010

Mondays: Mailbox/Whereabouts

Monday Mailbox is hosted by Marcia.

I received two books:

1) The Cold Room by J T Ellison

Homicide Detective Taylor Jackson thinks she's seen it all in Nashville—from the Southern Strangler to the Snow White Killer. But she's never seen anything as perverse as the Conductor. Once his victim is captured, he contains her in a glass coffin, slowly starving her to death. Only then does he give in to his attraction.

When he's finished, he creatively disposes of the body by reenacting scenes from famous paintings. And it seems similar macabre works are being displayed in Europe. Taylor teams up with her fiancé, FBI profiler Dr. John Baldwin, and a New Scotland Yard detective named James "Memphis" Highsmythe, a haunted man who only has eyes for Taylor, to put an end to the Conductor's art collection.

Has the killer gone international with his craft? Or are there dueling artists, competing to create the ultimate masterpiece?

2) Greater Lover by Robert Whitlow


As a result of her first-rate work as a law clerk, Tami Taylor's been offered a coveted position as associate partner in one of Savannah's oldest and most prestigious law firms. Though her strong faith and convictions are valued by the firm's partners, Tami struggles to discern if God's will for her career is elsewhere. Meanwhile, Tami must protect a young client named Jessie who is on the run from some shady characters, which puts Tami in mortal danger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the past week:

I finished:

Greater Love by Robert Whitlow
The Cold Room by J T Ellison
Colony by Anne Rivers Siddons

I am in midst of reading:

The Memorist by M J Rose

I posted reviews of:

Lethal Experiment by John Locke
Fireworks Over Toccoa by
Jeffrey Stepakoff


19 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I see you've already finished The Cold Room - I can't wait to see what you think of it.

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

How do you like The Memorist thus far?

Here is mine

Nise' said...

Cold Room looks like my kind of book. You had a great reading week.

Kristen said...

You've already finished what you got this week? That's my dream scenario! :-)

BurtonReview said...

I hope you are enjoying The Memorist!

Jo-Jo said...

You've had a busy week! I can't wait to see your reviews on a couple of these.

Anna said...

Looking forward to your review of The Memorist. I thought it was pretty good. Enjoy your new books!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Irene said...

You did have a good reading week.

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

You've already read the books you got in! Way to go! I'm always behind.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

It's been awhile since I read Colony, but I recall enjoying it.

Have a great week.

Jennifer said...

I have heard good things about The Memorist, I look forward to your review.

fredamans said...

The Cold Room is on my wish list!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/04/mailbox-weekly.html

Natalie W said...

Oh I have the Cold Room on my TBR list! Sounds really good. Hope you enjoy your reads this week!
Natalie

Alyce said...

Looks like you're keeping busy with your reading! I haven't read any of the books that you've received.

Unknown said...

'The cold room' sounds really good!

DCMetroreader said...

I think I would enjoy Greater Love. I'll look forward to your review!

Yvonne said...

I have The Cold Room in my TBR. It looks really good.

Serena said...

Enjoy your books!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I am interested in The Cold Room - thanks for bringing that one to my attention :)