Saturday, January 16, 2010

Mystery Read-a-thon (16th-17th Jan 2010): Introduction post

Mystery Read-a-thon

1) Give us five fun-facts about you.
(Things that are so trivial you wouldn't think of them right away, but that might make others smile.)

Five fun facts, let me think:

a) When at home, my socks mostly mis-match
b) I like to munch on sweet things. Salty stuff is not for me!
c) I have a secret name for my PC!
d) My paper work is all disorganized, yet I know where everything is kept!
e) I continually break my reading glasses needing to replace them almost every month.

2) What is on your TBR stack for the next two days?

Mystery/Suspense novels as yet unplanned. However, I am reading Life Support by Tess Gerritsen..121/369

3) Do you have any specific hopes and plans for this read-a-thon?

Yes, I plan to finish at least three mystery novels.

4) Did you participate in the Mystery Read-A-Thon in the past?

Yes, I did both and enjoyed those very much. Won a book too from Wendy of Caribousmom in the second one!

5) If you already participated, can you give the new participants any tips on what to do and what not to do?

Go for lighter mysteries. And if you don't like a particular book, move on to the next!

6) If this is your first Mystery Read-A-Thon, how do you plan to go ahead?

N/A

7 comments:

Book Bird Dog said...

Good luck on the read-a-thon. I hope to finish two books!

bermudaonion said...

Your paper work sounds like my books. I tell my husband not to touch them because I know where everything is and he'll mess up my system. Have fun this weekend.

Unknown said...

I've already finished one, I'm hoping to finish a couple more!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Fun answers....mismatched socks is very "IN" nowadays..LOL

I'm finishing up mystery #2 soon (Each were fewer than 280 pages).

Marce said...

Great tips but I don't have that kind of dedication or time to even complete 1 book.

Have fun and hope you enjoy the mystery's.

Unknown said...

I loved your answers :-) Especially because so many let me sigh as they reminded me of myself... ;-)

Unknown said...

Dear Gautami

If you are looking for stylish reliable reading glasses which do not break every month, try this http://www.ilovemyreadingglasses.com/

All the best