Saturday, July 11, 2009

Slow and easy

I started out with grand plans for July and fell flat on my nose! Reading is going on a snails pace. Maybe the snail is faster.

And the fact is, I am thriving in this no-read phase! I am enjoying watching TV as much as I can, sleeping just as much and blogging like crazy.

I look at my TBR piles and feel nothing. No hurry to read. Thats a good thing, that no guilt feeling, isn't it?

I think I will go on a blog improvement project. Not that I like to add to many gadgetry to it. I prefer to keep it clean. That way loading is faster and lesser chance of malware.

I asked in another of my posts and asking again here. Would anyone like to do a guest post here or like me to do a guest post on their blog? Let me know here or on my email: gautami.tripathy[at]gmail.com? We must keep some posts for those rainy days.

Meanwhile, let me relish this non-reading phase!

9 comments:

Anya Padyam said...

I love this blog of yours - its like I am living vicariously through you:)

The Reading Momster said...

ahhh! me too - this week has been kind of slow.. what with this rains and chills . and all that :)

All i want is ti just curl up under a blanket and snore :D :D

while u are under the spell - enjoy it ;)

Meghan said...

A lot of people are finding it a bit harder to spend so much time reading in July! Do what makes you happy, I'm sure you will feel a longing to reduce your TBR stacks eventually. =)

Anna said...

I had all these grand plans of reading on my vacation during July 4th, but I didn't read a thing! Now I'm just gobbling up the books. I think I needed that little break.

If you wanna do a guest spot on my blog, email me: diaryofaneccentric at hotmail dot com. I'd love to have you as a guest!!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I've been slowly reading Blue Highways. No hurry to finish it.

Relaxing. Peaceful. Summer-y.

Kathleen said...

It's good you don't feel guilty for going through a bit of a slow reading phase! I tend to read more in winter myself.

serendipity_viv said...

sometimes it is hard to keep up the pace with the reading and a slow down is as good as a change.

The Bookworm said...

I've been reading at a snails pace myself. I'm on a mission for July though, I hope to read at least 5 books this month. I'm halfway done with my second so far.
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Beth F said...

I keep falling behind now too -- for me it's because I'd rather be outside in the evening than inside reading or blogging.