Sunday, June 7, 2009

Mystery Read-a-thon: Kick starting it with a meme!

I discovered the first Mystery Read-A-Thon from caribousmom's blog. And instantly decided to join in. You can choose 12 hours to read, which suits you in your time zone. I like that! So here I am kick starting it with an introductory meme:


What books do you want to read during this read-a-thon?

I am currently reading In The Shadow of the Glacier by Vicki Delaney. I am on page 61/302. I will continue with it. I will read at least two Agatha Christies and also throw in a Sherlock Holmes.

How many books do you hope to finish?

At least 4

What (if any) breaks do you intend to take?

I will take tea breaks and blogging breaks too. Also gotta cook as my brother and his family are coming for lunch.

Do you generally read lots of mysteries and thrillers or are the one of the many genres you like?

I don't exclusively read mysteries. I read a vast and varied genres and mystery/thrillers are a part of it!

What are some of your favorite authors?

I would say Agatha Christies to start with. And Sherlock Holmes is not far behind. However, I can pick up any good mystery without being picky.

If you could make us all read one mystery or thriller for this read-a-thon, which one would it be and why?

I think everyone should read Arthur Conan Doyle, if you haven't already.

Do you prefer series or stand alones?

If a mystery isn't affected by a series, I don't mind it at all. Most mysteries are stand alones. You can read those without having read the previous ones.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the readathon!

ds said...

Sounds like fun. There is nothing like a good mystery. Enjoy!

Wendy said...

Glad I inspired you to join in :) How are you doing with the event? I am almost done! Will do my wrap up in the morning...but I am really happy about what I have been able to read for this!

Lynne said...

Hi G,
Sorry you lost your other blog. Thx for new url. It's interesting we're on the same page about who to read for mysteries. I still remember the first Agatha Christie I read. I also agree everyone should read A. C. Doyle. (I received a wonderful hardbound copy of his work, as a gift, when I was a youth.)

I realize I'm not participating in a meme, but have you read 13th Tale by D. Setterfield? I'd highly recommend it!

Unknown said...

Glad you joined in, gautami :-)