Saturday, March 28, 2009

Weekly Geeks: Linking reviews

Quoting Verbatim from this week's Weekly Geeks post:


When Dewey started Weekly Geeks, one of the first projects she encouraged us to do was link our book reviews to each other. Sadly, I've fallen of the wagon on this one. For people like me who need a refresher and for all the new Weekly Geeks this is a topic that could use repeating.

Let's look at Dewey's original post : Dewey's post.

Here's what we'll do:

1. Write a post encouraging readers to look through your archives (if you have your reviews in a particular place on your blog, point them there), and find the books that they have also written reviews. Tell them to leave a link to their review on your review post. For example, I've written a review for Gods Behaving Badly and Jane Doe leaves a link to her review of Gods Behaving Badly in the comments section of my review.

2. Edit your reviews to include those links in the body of the review post.
3. Visit other Weekly Geeks and go through their reviews. Leave links for them.
4. Leave a note somewhere on your blog to let people know this is your new policy.
5. Write a post later this week letting us know how your project is going!

Now I say my piece here:

1. I do try to link to reviews as much as I can

2. My review links can be found at the top left corner on this blog. Clicking on those will take you to specific reviews.
For easy reference, I post those links here:


3. My email id too is on the left sidebar of this blog. Feel free to write to me about linking.

And I have had the following on my blog since Dewey's post:

Review link exchange

In case you have reviewed any book I have reviewed in here, please do leave a link on that post or my last post. You can email me the link too at gautami dot tripathy at gmail dot com, if you wish. I will link it to my review, as soon as possible!


4. As Dewey wished, it is all about building the book blogging community. So let's do it NOW! We must not let her spirit fade away.

YOU CAN LEAVE YOUR REVIEWING URLS HERE, IN THE COMMENTS SECTION OF THIS POST AS WELL.

0 comments: