Monday, February 2, 2009

Musing about choosing books

How do you choose what do buy from your local bookstore? Do you have a list, or just browse? What is the selection in your book store like? Do you find what you're looking for? Do you feel pressured to buy the kind of books the store makes prominent?

Few times I do have specific choices. I look out those books. But However, most of the times, I browse, look through and pick out books that interest me. I go for books which are not very well known. There are two prominent bookstores I visit in Delhi. Both usually have book sellers, which I seldom read. Many a times, I tell them to get certain books for me a few weeks before I go there to buy. Both mostly accomodate.

Frankly I never feel any kind of pressure to buy the reccomendations of the book stores. I seldom even glance through them.

Then there is a Sunday pavement book Bazaar in one part of Delhi, which is favourite haunt for me. I spend hours, looking, browsing, searching books. All dirt cheap. I go there once a month. Doing that for the last years or so.


0 comments: