Thursday, September 4, 2008

Booking Through Peer Pressure

Have you ever felt pressured to read something because ‘everyone else’ was reading it? Have you ever given in and read the book(s) in question or do you resist? If you are a reviewer, etc, do you feel it’s your duty to keep up on current trends?

An one word answer is no! I have not felt pressurised to read what everyone else is reading. Most of the time I avoid those much hyped books. Only exception was the Harry Potter series. That too becos I bought those for my nephews and nieces and hence read those along with the kids.

Frankly I don't give a damn for writers like Dan Brown or Paulho Coelho. They might have mass appeal but I find little substance in their writings. Many a times well known authors are disappointing. As for as twilight series goes, I don't think I am going to check it out. But for the reason, I don't like that genre. And for reviewing, I don't think I have to keep up with trends. Why should I? There is always a place for reviewers who think out of box!

0 comments: